Customs - it is historically in some areas (or among a particular community) rules of behavior of people in a given situation.
What are the customs
Depending on whether they are linked to what is in the event of human life, all the folk customs can be divided into the following major groups:
- wedding customs;
- funeral customs;
- practices on child baptism;
- holiday customs (these include customs and religious celebration of national holidays - Easter, Trinity, Ivan Kupala Day, Christmastime, Shrovetide, etc...);
- custom tab of a new home;
- customs associated with planting and harvesting.
- Wedding in Russia preceded by a series of customs.Every marriage starts with the bride Smotrin.After Smotrin the bride's house saved into matchmakers.After the two men agreed on the dowry and get consent from the parents of the bride, the wedding day is appointed.On the day before the wedding arranged a bachelorette party.During a meeting with her friends the bride bids farewell to old unmarried life.
- the first day of the wedding with the bride in the morning under the plaintive melodies girlfriends clothed in a wedding dress.In her house calls in the groom's best man know whether the young ready for the wedding.
- After the visit to the home of the bride arrives at the groom begins with matchmakers and integral to this day, the most fun part of the wedding action - redemption ceremony.The bridesmaids flatly refuse to give the groom a future spouse, ask him and matchmakers humorous puzzles and demanding ransom for the entrance to the house and the bride herself.It ends all the fun that the groom gives girlfriend money and candy, takes his bride and takes her to the altar.From the church
- new husband drove the young wife to his home, where they are on the threshold of the groom's parents meet with an icon, and a loaf in his hands.Upon receipt of the parental blessing, young married couple walks into the house, they are seated in the center seat at the table and handed them gifts.Then begins an abundant and long wedding feast.
- The body of the deceased person is washed immediately after his death.Do this elderly widowed women.Washing can only be done in daylight.
- In the house where there is a corpse, all the mirrors halt dark cloth.
- While the house is dead it does not sweep the floor and do not erase things.
- deceased was carried out of the house kicking forward.
- When carried to the cemetery, in any case, do not cross the road in front of the funeral procession.
- After the funeral in the repose of the soul of the deceased organize funeral feast (funeral).
- In the evening after the funeral in the whole house have washed the floor.
- Child trying to baptize in the time period from the eighth and ending with the fortieth day after the birth.
- godmother and the father can not be husband and wife.
- Easter baptism in the day gives your baby the cross and the Holy Bible, godmother gives kryzhmu - embroidered lace and trimmed with a long white shirt.
- After baptism necessarily arranged a dinner party with lots of sweets - sugared nuts, chocolates, biscuits and buns buns.The main meal of the dinner is baptismal porridge - buckwheat, boiled in milk and flavored with thick butter and honey.
number of events is so great and so varied festive traditions that describe them in detail all small volume article is simply impossible.So we tell only the most famous of them.
- At Easter bake cakes, painted eggs and Easter make cheese.
- go look in the Easter morning, as the "sun plays."On the hill awaiting sunrise and look at rising above the horizon the solar disk through a smoked glass.It is believed that during this festive morning sun throws rays, sparkling with all the colors of the rainbow.
- On the Trinity in the church consecrated green branches of trees and bouquets of wild flowers and richly decorated their homes.
- in Ivan Kupala night to cleanse evil spirits from jumping over the bonfire and splashing in the open water.The Midsummer collected herbs, which, according to popular belief, this time take on special healing powers.
more about the folk customs can be found in our article: What is the custom.