One of the most common threats to human health or life is poisoning.If there was an accident, we must promptly to determine what was the cause and what should a person do if a victim or witnessed the poisoning.It is important to know how you can poison yourself, what is fraught with poisoning the lives of people and how to take measures to neutralize the poisoning and reduce the toxic effects on the body.
Style source of poisoning, we can distinguish the following types of poisoning:
- poisoning caused by man-made phenomena.Carbon monoxide poisoning due to a fire or hydrocarbon combustion products.For example, the long-running car engine in a closed garage will invariably cause carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Food poisoning from expired products, where intoxication can cause a variety of bacteria and poisonous fungal spores.In all cases, food poisoning is necessary to use gastric lavage.
- poisoning drugs, including narcotics.Due to the fact that most potent drugs available only by prescription, people with mental disorders are often used, such as "Phenobarbital" or "Diphenhydramine".Any excess of the dose several times leads to a cessation of breathing and heartbeat.If you are taking sedatives, be especially careful when drinking alcohol, which itself has a suppressive effect, and in combination with sedatives can cause death.
- most affordable means of poisoning is alcohol, which not only causes intoxication and heavy intoxication.Needless to say that spirits are not only the taste and strength, but also in quality.According to WHO, about 6% of men in the world die from alcohol poisoning.Intoxication in different doses can affect the brain, internal organs and the heart.
- Chemical poisoning.For example, you can be poisoned by pesticides such as "Aldrin" or "Mirex" that help combat pests in agriculture.Handling them requires prior training and knowledge to neutralize the poisonous effect.It is also one of the most common household poisoning is the poisoning mercury vapor concentration.This may occur as a result of careless handling of the thermometer: if you accidentally break the thermometer and properly collect mercury can easily poison themselves.Also, be careful with household cleaning products, carefully read the labels on detergents based on chlorine compounds and remember to protect the skin and the respiratory tract.
If you are an unwitting witness to poisoning, be decisive and considerate.Note the behavior affected his breathing, complexion, convulsions or vomiting, as well as of the surrounding objects.Perhaps they are the source of poisoning.In order to save yourself or your friend, you may have only one chance.Arm yourself with useful knowledge, be prepared to provide first aid and be sure to call an ambulance.