Octopus in stores today you can meet quite often, but we still go around by his side, as just do not know how to cook it.But the octopus is very tasty and very useful, like all seafood.And we, as you know, always for a healthy and varied diet.So let's learn how to cook octopus, for example, to dinner, to the surprise and joy of our whole family.
Cooking octopus: the need
For preparation we need:
- frozen or fresh octopus 600-700g
- red wine
- olive oil or any other vegetable
- one onion
- tomato paste
- salt, pepperand bay leaf
How to cook
- Octopus need to defrost, wash thoroughly.
- then cut it into pieces for cooking.
- In a saucepan warm up the oil and fry the onion until golden brown.
- then to omit the chopped octopus and fry for a few minutes to as long as out of it will not stand out juice.
- Once this happens, pour the wine in the amount of 100 mL, and wait until it has evaporated a little.
- Following this, pour water in a saucepan until it is completely covered our octopus, salt, add pepper and bay leaf.
- Now the dish should stew on low heat for an hour.Care should be taken with water, so it does not boil dry, but that it was too much.Octopus is ready, if the meat becomes tender and soft.
- Approximately 20 minutes before end of cooking, add a side dish: potatoes, pasta or rice.Do not forget that pasta and rice need different times to cook, so the figure is started up earlier, and spaghetti, of course, later.
This dish, perhaps unusual, but very tasty and not difficult to prepare.Therefore, you should definitely be prepared octopus.Who knows, maybe it turns out that the octopus will be your most favorite and signature dishes that affects both the taste and imagination of your guests.After all, not only the octopus stew, they can be fried, boiled and added to salads.There are a large number of dishes with this exotic seafood.And one has only to begin to cook it, he firmly take its place on your desk.