Watch the video
There are plenty of recipes herring.It is equally good as a separate dish, and as a component of various salads and fish rolls.However, not all housewives know how to properly clean it from the numerous bones, spoiling all the fun of eating this fish.
How to clean a herring?
To quickly and without superfluous nerves need to clean a herring:
- cutting board;
- acute loin knife;
- paper towels or a clean paper;
- waste bag.
- first step is to prepare the field activities.On the cutting board should be expanded several layers of paper, which will absorb fat and later facilitate the collection of waste and washing table.Now it should be noted that the old newspapers for this purpose is absolutely not suitable as ink contains lead, which is quite toxic.The ideal option would be kitchen towels laid out in several layers.Or, at worst, will fit a pair of blank sheets of paper for the printer.
- cutting process itself begins with the fact that a well-sharpened knife cut off the head of herring.There are options for cutting, which describes how to clean a herring head and remove it in the least, but the best-proven exactly this method.
- then remove the pectoral fins and two notches separate the striped abdomen.With the help of a knife and napkins are cleaned inside.If caught herring with caviar, it should be carefully separated from the viscera, cut into small pieces and put it on a plate.Incidentally, fish caviar often is more delicious and it has less bone than herring milk.
- further dissect the skin with a knife in the direction from the head to the tail, avoiding the dorsal fin on both sides.Knife with cutting edge can be kept up for a smooth cut.
- Then proceed to remove the skin - it should be gently pry the knife in the area of the head, and holding tight finger pull toward the tail.Pull need a little angle, pulling a skin like a stocking.
- Once the skin is removed, remove the dorsal and anal fins.
- then proceed to the most responsible step - extracting the spine and ribs.Fingers should be divided flesh on the back to the spine.If herring was fresh, it will be split into two neat pieces, and not turn into unappetizing mush.
- properly clean a herring, separating the fillet from the bones, should be without a knife, using only his hands.To this end, in the direction from tail to head spend thumb along the ridge separating the fish in half.In the same way recovered spine.
- the end will only remove the ribs from the resulting fillet pieces.This can be done, if the plate to bend and pull the bones with your fingers.While some women use tweezers for this purpose.
- peeled from the skin and bones of the carcass should be to cut into small pieces a la carte.To do this, the fish cut into slightly better at an angle that helps to identify the remaining bone.Parts of the front of the head and tail is better to throw, because they contain plenty of small bones that are very difficult to extract.
details on cutting the herring you can learn from our article How to cut herring.And in the article How to cook herring, there are lots of interesting recipes of this delicious fish.