known that keep nuts must be in a dried form, or they may be covered with mold and completely spoiled.Dry nuts can be a variety of ways.
We'll talk about how to dry the nuts in the home for storage.
How to dry hazelnuts
Hazelnut, Hazelnut, or, as it is often called, has a mass of useful properties.If you decide to store hazelnuts in the home, it needs to choose the time of its acquisition.Harvested need only ripened fruit, as they are stored for a long time.
So, hazelnuts can be dried in several ways:
- a frying pan.To do this, pour peeled walnuts into the pan and stir fry them no more than 3-5 minutes.
- in the oven.Heat the oven to 90 degrees and place baking sheet with peeled nuts into about 1-1.5 hours.Unrefined nuts can be dried, but the oven will be heated to 120 degrees and left nuts for 2-3 hours.
- On the windowsill or outside in the sun.Lay the peeled hazelnuts thin layer on the x / cotton cloth or a sheet of paper.Choose a sunny and well-ventilated place.Leave the nuts for the whole day, overnight is best put in the room.Drying should be within 2 days.
- The Electric driers.Dry nuts better at 90 degrees for 5-6 hours, pre-clearing of the shell.
How to dry walnuts
process of preparing walnut for storage is virtually identical to the preparation of hazelnut.It's worth noting that the walnut contains about 40 percent moisture.Drying can be in the shell, and in a purified form.
So to dry walnuts at home, you will need an oven, dryer for fruits and nuts or dry and well ventilated room.
- To dry walnuts in the oven, it is necessary to warm the device up to 70-90 degrees, no more.Then expand the nuts on a baking sheet and place in oven for 2-3 hours.After the pull out and put nuts on a flat surface, turning them periodically for the best drying.
- The Electric driers need to set the temperature to be dried nuts and fruits.Put the nuts to 5-6 hours.
- can also put peeled walnut on a sheet of paper or cloth.Leave to dry in a dry ventilated place for 2-3 days, stirring occasionally fruit.
You can also refer to the section of our website Nuts.