Candied fruits - a fruit (whole or cut into pieces), as well as berries or citrus peel, boiled in syrup, rolled in sugar and dried in the oven or in the open air.Their homeland - Asia Minor and the Middle East, where they were in the times of the Crusades were the palaces of the medieval rulers and became the progenitors of modern sweets.
Candied cubes incredible acidic colors, sold on every corner nowadays called "candied" as such, alas, are not often this is not the fruit, and tight marmalade, chopped into small pieces.If you want to know the real taste of candied fruit and understand than admired ladies when they tried this exotic treat, not too lazy to prepare candied own.The process of their production is not complicated, but rather long.We are ready to strive for a couple of days in the kitchen?Then our tips on how to make candied sure will be useful.Let's start with the classic candied citrus peels.
- Take five very large and Tolstokorov oranges bright orange color.Good, clean them with a brush, make an incision peel crosswise and gently remove it.Now you can eat oranges and start preparing candied fruits.
- Crusts (they should get about 500 gr.) Cut straight stripes and place in a glass or enamel bowl, cover with a plate, so as not to pop up, and cover with cold water.Soaked crust of bitterness during the day, possibly changing the water every two - three hours.
- A day is thrown back cover in a colander and wait until the water is drained.
- Meanwhile, cook the concentrated syrup of the four cups of sugar and one cup of water.Do it better in a thick-walled wide pan on medium heat.
- Immerse orange peel in the syrup and cook them with minimal boil for about an hour, until they do not become part of the white translucent.
- When candied peels are almost ready, it is necessary to add to the syrup two tablespoons of lemon juice and, if desired, a spoonful of orange liqueur for flavor, boil them for a few minutes and remove from heat.
- Give them cool completely in the syrup at room temperature.
- Discard candied in a colander, we wait until the syrup is completely drained.We spread the candied fruit on a screen and waiting for them to dry up, and on the surface of the icing formed.
- Fold in candied sealed, bank and store them in the refrigerator.
Try also make unusual vegetables, candied fruits, the recipe of which is somewhat different from the previous one.
One kilogram of pulp pumpkin cut into cubes the size of cherries and pour the glass of sugar.Soak in the cold until the pumpkin would not let the juice, and then, without stirring, heat it over low heat until boiling.Pour the resulting sweet juice, measure out one cup and dissolve in it three cups of sugar and 5 grams.citric acid.Boil thick sugar syrup, pour them a pumpkin and simmer, until her pieces become transparent.Drain the syrup from them, dry the well and roll in granulated sugar mixed with ground cinnamon.Keep these candied fruits in a box at room temperature.