Despite all the technological advances, the human brain remains the most mysterious places on the planet.Hard to believe that at the beginning of the last century, neuroscientists conducted diagnosis with a needle and a hammer.Modern medical equipment can penetrate into the very "bowels" of the brain, but for a competent specialist neurological examination carries more information than the new technology.
Stress and depression - constant companions every second inhabitant of the Earth, so the high blood pressure and headaches are much more common than a hundred years ago.In addition, they are "younger" and there are a huge number of teenagers and even children.The cause of chronic headaches can be a pathology in the brain blood vessels, so it is important not to drown out the pain medication and ask your doctor how to check for the presence of brain structural changes.Only a specialist can determine the appropriate method of examination of the nervous system.
brain diagnostic methods
consider some diagnostic methods in more detail:
- Computed tomography.One of the best ways to detect changes in the brain, through its layered scanning.With the help of modern equipment can analyze the images millimeter slices.
- X-ray tomography.Is performed using radiographic X-rays of the head.On the resulting black-and-white picture can easily identify strokes, brain tumors, injuries and their consequences.The only drawback - a large dose of X-rays obtained during the study.
- Magnetic resonance imaging.In a study using magnetic resonance effect of the hydrogen atoms.Very precise and expensive option of how to check the brain.It does not irradiate the body and diagnose multiple sclerosis, vascular disorders and inflammatory processes in the brain.
- Positron Emission Tomography.Technically the most difficult examination, but it gives an opportunity to get a color picture of each layer of the brain.The processed image shows the coordinates of the smallest distinct pathologies and diseases (they are highlighted in color).
- ultrasonic echo encephalography.The most "ancient" method of diagnosis that does not require special costs and training.With the help of ultrasound examination can be performed directly in the patient's bed.
- skull radiographs.It provides insight into the structure of the brain.It identifies congenital and chronic diseases, such as edema of the brain (hydrocephalus), congenital underdevelopment of the brain (microcephaly) and some other illnesses.
study cerebral circulation
If you decide how to explore the cerebral blood flow and where to check the vessels of the brain, you need to know that in modern clinics, there are three methods of diagnosis:
- Doppler ultrasound.It used primarily to determine the narrowed vessels and blood flow volume and velocity in them.Diagnoses cerebral vascular crises, congenital vascular defects, violations of the outflow of venous blood.
- Rheoencephalography.With the registration of the alternating electric tissue resistance, draws the line on the monitor pulse cerebral blood flow.So it is possible to determine the status and vascular blood filling.
- X-ray angiography.Minor surgery for the introduction of one of the arteries that provide blood to the brain, the catheter with a particular substance.At the same time made the X-rays showing the aneurysm and narrowing of blood vessels.
The human brain consists of two equal-sized, but the functions of the hemispheres, which control their opposites side of the body.The left part of the brain responsible for logical operations, analysis and account, and the right - for imagination, intuition and creativity.The more developed each of the hemispheres, the more harmonious personality, the better the brain and its diseases are less common.To understand which side of the brain requires an additional check of your brain with a small test:
- weave your fingers - from the top turned thumb, which of the hands;
- clap your hands - which hand from above;
- arms crossed - a forearm from the top;
- define the leading eye.
If the test you have dominated the left side - arm, shoulder, eye, then you have more developed right hemisphere, and over the left need to work, and vice versa.