Thematic and general collection of books in the spirit of "this is a must read for everyone" has repeatedly drawn up popular publishing houses, magazines, influential media holdings, famous writers and journalists.
We offer a list that will probably be something similar to the existing collections, and in some ways, maybe will be different.
13 books that are worth reading
- "The Dawns Here Are Quiet" Boris Vasilyev.Very emotional, soulful work about the Great Patriotic War and the brave heroes who unselfishly put on the altar of the Fatherland happy future your precious life.
- "Gone with the Wind" by Margaret Mitchell.One of the most soulful romance novels, the characters of which are close and the current generation of young people.
- "The Green Mile" by Stephen King."The Green Mile" - this is what is read from the King in the first place.Stunning on mental and tragic story about human wickedness, the injustice of the world and sincere human soul, pure and white, which is not able to destroy even the most terrible evil.
- "Master and Margarita" by Mikhail Bulgakov.Shrouded in mystery demonic, nothing on similar novel by the famous Russian author.Arguments about religion, good and evil, God and the Devil.
- "The Godfather" by Mario Puzo.Stroll through the streets of Sicily mid 40-50's.Immerse yourself in the world of romance and bloody gang fights, spread over ten years of internecine wars mafia clans.
- "12 chairs" by Ilya Ilf and Yevgeny Petrov.You will find sparkling humor and delightful for the sharpness and brightness of the "branded" satire loved by all authors.
- "The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupery.This fairy tale like an antidote to the "maturity", which is so important to sometimes use for their own good.
- "Over the Cuckoo's Nest," Ken Kesey.What is the line between insanity and sober thoughts?What if the mental abnormality only fictional society stereotype allows to reject, expel people who do not fit into the conventional framework?
- "1984" by George Orwell.Society against the idea of a consumer society, and all this against the background of sheer desperation desperate lack of freedom.One of the most important works of world literature in the tradition of dystopia, the challenge is gaining momentum to global totalitarianism.
- "Les Miserables" by Victor Hugo.This book is about love and duty, human vices, about the fate of the tests, which knows no mercy and justice, and of redemption alone.The complex, deep, emotional.
- "Crime and Punishment" by Fyodor Dostoevsky.Powerful moral overtones, penetrating psychology, deep philosophical arguments, exposing the basest human traits.Fyodor Mikhailovich - the pride of not only Russian, but also world literature.
- "Portrait of Dorian Gray" by Oscar Wilde.The author argued that every reader will see in the main character, as in a mirror, his own evil traits.We offer you and to face his own imperfections.
- "The Gulag Archipelago" by Alexander Solzhenitsyn.Frank, powerful work, showing the horrors of the life of political prisoners in Soviet camps.
Other helpful articles about literature and choosing books looking in Reading.