Currently cholecystitis is a very common disease.That is why many doctors to consult all interested to familiarize with the causes of this disease, its symptoms and the possibility of treatment.
This disease is very dangerous for the human body, so each is important to know what are the threats to its origin and how to fight it.In this article we will talk about what a cholecystitis, present the main causes of this disease and discuss how to treat it.
What is cholecystitis
This disease is cholecystitis, is an inflammation of the gallbladder.This organ is located near the liver.It plays a very important role in digestion.The gall bladder contains a special liquid called bile.Bile leaves the bladder and moves through the small intestine.When cholecystitis bile ducts are blocked, because of this bile accumulates appear edema.This disease is especially dangerous occurrence of infection, which may even cause death.
One of the main causes of cholecystitis are kidney stones.Th
also cause diseases can be:
- Violation diet, including consumption of fatty, smoked and spicy food.
- Stress and poor environment in the city.
- Hereditary factors (eg, changes in bile properties).
- Constipation and other bowel problems.
- atherosclerosis, diabetes, obesity, etc.
Symptoms of cholecystitis
One of the most common symptoms of cholecystitis is pain in the upper right part of the body, around the ribs.This pain can be given in the right shoulder blade.Also characteristic symptoms of cholecystitis is nausea, fever, pain when inhaling.And older people with cholecystitis usually observed only a minor pain in the abdomen.
stages of the disease
cholecystitis has three stages, namely, primary, acute and chronic.
- Already at the initial stage of cholecystitis is a pretty big threat.It can cause diseases such as jaundice, peritonitis, skin rash, gallbladder disease.Cases of diabetes progression during cholecystitis.
- acute stage is characterized by severe pain.There are chills and nausea and fever.In fact, the body is poisoned bile, which builds up the infection.
- Chronic cholecystitis is able to cause quite a complex disease, which is currently difficult to treat.When cholecystitis, which has a state of neglect, gallbladder wall thickening, become tough.This affects the whole digestion, as a consequence of having persistent pain.
Diagnosis and treatment of cholecystitis
To diagnose cholecystitis, using laboratory tests.When the first symptoms is strongly recommended to see a doctor.The only way to diagnose the disease.After the inspection will be performed, you need to do an ultrasound.That ultrasound is the most effective way to diagnose the presence of stones in the gallbladder, as well as diagnosis of diseases of the gallbladder.
Because cholecystitis in the early stages is able to very quickly develop into a severe form, treatment usually begins with antibiotics.The same applies in cases where as a result of the formation of kidney stones bile ducts have not completely blocked, but the infection has delayed them.
In the acute form of the disease the patient prescribed patient treatment.As a rule, appointed cholagogue preparations, for example, Holagol.Physiotherapy is also assigned.The patient is required to follow a strict diet that excludes fatty, spicy, smoked and salty foods, as well as alcohol and foods containing preservatives and other harmful substances.
removal of the gallbladder can be done in severe cases.This operation is carried out by means of small incisions are made in the abdominal cavity.Sometimes there are cases where no major surgery can not do.Therefore cholecystitis refers to serious diseases.Before the surgery, the patient will also need to take antibiotics to reduce the swelling and relieve irritation.
However, this does not mean that the patient is in addition to the antibiotics can not treat yourself to contribute to the improvement of their condition.It should be decoctions choleretic herbs, which include helichrysum flowers.You can also take medications such as holosas, Holagol and others.We emphasize that this treatment is optional, it does not exclude medical intervention, but only accompanies it.
We encourage you to read other articles on this topic:
- How to treat cholecystitis
- Diet at a cholecystitis and pancreatitis