Watch the video
Now, most states are multinational, which means that they, among other things co-exist together representatives of various religions.Islam on the number of its adherents is the second largest in the world after Christianity.If people want to live in peace, they must know and respect the customs of the followers of other religions who live with them side by side.
In this article, we'll show you what a prayer is to pray Muslims and this is why prayer is important to them.
Five Pillars of Islam
In Islam, as in most other world religions, belief in one god, in this case, God is expressed in the performance of certain rites and honoring the traditions which have developed since time immemorial.In this religion there is the concept of the five pillars - the five obligatory rituals or actions that is required for his life bound by any devout Muslim:
- Saying the Pledge of Allegiance to Allah, the recognition of the fact that there is no other God but him, and the factthe preacher Muhammad was the messenger of Allah (shahada);
- committing five daily prayers (namaz);
- mandatory fasting during the holy month of Ramadan (Eid);
- payment of religious taxes for those who need help (Zakat);
- pilgrimage to Mecca (Hajj).
Namaz - a special prayer ritual in Islam, which is prescribed to make every Muslim every day, five times a day at certain times.
ritual of namaz as such are not recorded in the Koran, but there are numerous references to a certain order of prayer in the sacred book of Muslims.During the existence of the Islamic religion developed uniform guidelines for all Muslims how to pray properly:
- To begin the prayer can be only with pure thoughts and intentions;
- Observe absolute cleanliness of the body (before prayer, if there is a need and an opportunity, committed ritual ablutions), the space around (in the room, where prayer is made, should be removed and pure) and clothing;
- No substance should not poison the mind and obscure praying (ie praying assumes an absolute abstinence from alcohol, drugs, etc.);
- In Islam there is a concept "qibla" - this is the direction that must be performed namaz.Qibla direction - is the direction of prayer towards the Islamic holy Kaaba shrine, which is located in Mecca.Any devout Muslim, wherever he is, must know the location of the place of the Kaaba with respect to the point at which it is currently located.
- During the execution of the prayer you must watch your tone of voice and look of concentration.
Prayer involves the following acts:
- First, you need to bathe and prepare the body and mind to commit ritual.
- Then you need to embark on a special mat, facing in the direction of the Kaaba, put your hands down at your sides and declare their intention to make namaz (Niyat).
- Put your hands on one level with the face.Palms expand towards the Qibla direction and say: "Allahu Akbar."
- your right hand, grab your left hand by the wrist, press them down to his chest and say initially the first sura (chapter) of the Koran, and then one of the short sura.
- Follow waist bow with the utterance of praise to Allah.
- straightened up and say: "Yes, God hears him who praised him."
- knelt down and make a prostration.
- straightened up, sit on your heels and say: "O Allah, forgive me."
- reiterated prostration and sit on your heels.The whole cycle is called rakaats.
- During the second and last rak'at read a special prayer for prayer, called tashahhud.
- Before you complete the prayer, turn to turn to the left and right hand, saying at the same time, "Peace be upon you and the mercy of God."
You might also be helpful to read the article:
- As women read prayers
- How to read namaz
- What is prayer