Watch the video
GPS-navigators as well as most other modern technical devices, running special software - the operating system.The most popular software for navigation is the operating system Windows CE and Android.The firmware can be performed either from the browser or from a PC using a USB-cable.Next, we'll show you how to flash the navigator, using both methods to update.
most popular brands of GPS-navigators in Russia are Garmin, Prestigio, Texet, Explay and LEXAND.Regardless of the model used, before proceeding with the firmware browser, you will need to perform the following steps:
- Fully charge the battery before flashing navigator, or better yet, leave the navigator is connected to the power supply at the time of insertion.If during flashing navigator disconnected, this may lead to irreversible damage to the device.
- Download the latest firmware for your browser brand and your model.Attention!We do not recommend using third-party firmware, asin addition to the loss of the guarantee of their use can lead to serious damage.
- In any case, make a backup of your device data on the computer.
computer for the firmware you need drivers for your browser on your computer, and find the usb-cable with micro-USB on one side.As a rule, the driver and cable are included with the navigator.If you do not, the driver can be downloaded from the official website of the manufacturer, and cable purchased at any computer store.
For firmware, follow these steps:
- Install the drivers for your browser on your computer.
- Format memory navigator.
- Turn off the device.Navigator must not be connected to a computer.
- Open the folder with the firmware on your computer and run the executable file.
- Hold button on the device and after the screen lights up, connect the USB-cable to the navigator.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
- Wait for the download.
- Disconnect the cable from the browser and switch on.
with the device in this case you will need only SD-card is sufficient to download the firmware on it.
- Pull out the SD-card from the navigator and connect it to your computer.
- Transfer the desired data from the card to the computer, and then format it.
- The FAT system should be selected as the file system.
- Download the firmware to the memory card.
- Insert the card with the firmware to your unit and restart the device.
- For some models, no further action is required - install the update process will begin automatically.For others, will have to hold a certain key combination, depending on the model and brand you are using Navigator.More information about this is written in the manual of your model.
- Until the end of the updates is forbidden to restart or turn off the device.
Very often, after the change of firmware users of GPS-navigators are faced with the problem of incorrect calibration of the screen.For each model, the calibration process may be somewhat different.The main two ways to launch the calibration screen:
- Hold for about 30 seconds, the upper left corner of the browser, you should see the calibration menu.You will see a white screen with a cross.You will need to get the stylus exactly in the center of the cross several times until, until the screen is calibrated.Application of the new setting will take about 20 seconds.
- Simultaneously hold down the power button to the right to lock and hold your finger on the middle of the screen until the calibration menu.Next you will need to operate the method described above.
in the work with the navigator you can also be useful for the following articles:
- How to update NAVITEL
- How to restore
- Navigator How to use Navigator