selection for the car battery is a fairly demanding task for every motorist.Let us consider how to pick up the battery, causing a start and what to look for in the first place.
- First of all, you need to pay attention to the country of manufacture, as well as producing factory.
- battery have to be included in its datasheet.
- When choosing a battery, refer primarily to the build quality, good jams and output terminals.
- Check the voltage at the terminals, it shall not be less than 12.5 volts.
- electrolyte density should not be less than 1.25 grams per cm3.
- Feel free to use the voltmeter on the spot.Ask your partner to simulate discharge starter, thus check the voltage that should remain within 11 volts for 10 seconds.
- also pay attention to the label, which must indicate the standard.The lack of standards in labeling - a sure sign of a fake.
- Finally, pay attention to the date of manufacture, if the battery expiration date has already exceeded half a year, even despite the factthat she was no longer in operation, it should not be buying, because it is possible that soon it will lose its consumerproperties.
Selection criteria battery
The main criteria for the selection of the battery are:
- electric nominal capacity;
- polarity of the batteries;
- inrush current;
- package size.
battery must be chosen, of course, on the size, it is on this criterion pay attention in the first place.It is necessary to take into account the area under the battery, and the length of the wires.
determine the size, go to the capacitance, which is characterized by the amount of power that is capable of releasing the battery.Generally the manufacturer specifies the housing nominal electric capacity, a capacity which is the twenty-hour discharge.Note that typically the nominal capacitance is measured at a temperature of 25 ° C, thus at lower temperatures, the battery discharge can occur more rapidly.Pick a battery electric capacity that matches your car.To proceed follows from the volume of the engine of your car.Each auto shop should be a special table on which you will be able to choose a suitable battery capacity.
inrush current must be equal to that value which had a previous battery.
Regarding the polarity, then select it should be based on, again from the vehicle features, namely at the location of the terminal - to the right, the polarity of the line will be "";at the location of the terminals "-" on the left, the polarity is reversed.
Preference is better to give the well-known companies, such as The Beast, Bosch, Panasonic, AkTec.If you offer to purchase the battery at a cheap price from an unknown brand, you know that it can not serve for more than two weeks.
For more information, we recommend that you read the following articles:
- What better battery
- How to revive the battery
And see section Batteries.