arrows located on the labels on the desktop in the Windows operating sicteme help users do not confuse shortcuts with the original files.But not everyone likes the labels with arrows, so that users are looking for ways on how and with what programs to remove arrows from shortcuts.In this article we will show you how to achieve this result.
There are several ways to remove arrows from shortcuts, among them are:
- Windows system tools;
- Aero Tweak program;
- use Reg - files.
system This method is suitable for advanced users, who are very well versed in computer and systems.
- Right-click on the "Start" button and open the registry editor.
- Select the command "Run".
- In the window that opens, enter the command "the regedit" and click "OK".
- Thus we find ourselves in the Registry Editor, in which the unfolding «HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT».
- Next, open «Lnkfile» folder, and on the right side select the parameter «IsShortcut», responsible for the appearance of the arrows on the desktop shortcut.
- click the right button on this parameter and the note "Rename".
- Writing a new name «IsNotShortcut» and save the result.
- After you restart the computer, all the labels are no arrows.
Program Aero Tweak
Using this program will allow you to quickly get rid of the arrows on shortcuts.
- Download the (program).
- Open the folder that contains the program and run it.In addition, it is not necessary to install, the program runs without installation.
- In the window that opens, select the «Windows Explorer», and the right side put a tick against the item "Do not show arrows on the labels."
- You can now restart the computer, after which all the arrows disappear.
It should be noted that the program has a variety of features to customize the operating system, for example, "Do not add the ending - Label - for new labels."So after you install a new program, the word label is missing.
Reg - file
Remove arrows on shortcuts can also be through the establishment.reg file.To do this:
- first step is to open notepad and copy the information:
- Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT \ lnkfile] "IsShortCut" = - "IsNotShortCut" = ""
- then maintain our image, pointingname Remove_Shortcut_Arrow.reg.
- Open the file so that it fell into the registry contents.
If you want to restore the arrow, then create a file in a similar way, but change the name to Restore_Shortcut_Arrow.reg.The content of the file is as follows:
- Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT \ lnkfile] "IsShortCut" = "" "IsNotShortCut" = -
However, the disadvantage of this method is the disappearance of the item "Fix program on the taskbar."If you need to secure the required program, to start restoring the arrow, set the program, and then remove the arrows the already known method.
Select an option, and you can remove the arrows shortcuts in Windows 7 and 8, while spending only 5-10 minutes.