Most of all modern receivers have several different types of audio or video outputs, and in order to answer the question of how to connect a satellite receiver, we will analyze each of them, from the worst to the best.
How to connect the receiver: analog high-frequency type
This type refers to a high-frequency, analog audio-video output and is the worst connection option for image quality and image quality. For connection, you need a normal antenna cable, which connects as a normal antenna to the TV with a single plug, and the second in the receiver. After that you need to enable auto-search of channels on your TV, in order to find the channel on which the receiver itself transmits the image and sound.
How to connect the receiver: analog low-frequency types
- SCART-connector also refers to an analog, but already low-frequency method of transmitting audio-video data. The quality of the display is slightly better than the previous version. For connection, a SCART-SCART cable is required, which is connected to the corresponding connectors, in the receiver and TV, then the corresponding input is selected on the TV.
- RCA-type, which is called a tulip or bell. It is also an analog low-frequency output and the most common and simple type of connection. Tulips of three colors: yellow - image, white - left audio channel, red - right audio channel. Each tulip is connected to the input of the TV with the same color, after which the TV selects the required input.
- YPbPr. This analog low-frequency output gives an image and sound of a higher quality than the previous one. For connection the same tulips are used, they are connected in the same way, only the connectors should be labeled as "component videoout" after connecting select the necessary input.
How to connect the receiver to the TV: other
- S-Video outputs. Component video output. The quality is similar to YPbPr. When you connect, you need a cable such as S-Video - S-Video. After connection, the required input is selected.
- SPDIF.Digital audio output. Used to fully transfer Dolby Digital sound to external speakers or home theater. For connection, an optical SPDIF cable is required.
- HDMI.A digital audio and video content transmission cable that has the highest quality indicators at the moment. When connecting, a HDMI-HDMI cable is used, after which the settings are also indicated with the desired input.
So we figured out how to connect a satellite receiver. These tips will suit those who do not know how to connect the second receiver. Connection schemes in this case remain the same, and you only need to buy a special converter with several outputs. After connecting the converter, both of your receivers will work from one antenna completely independently.