Washing machine - an indispensable assistant in the house. Modern housewives without her like without hands. It saves a lot of time, giving the opportunity to do other things. In this article we will be interested in the question of how to properly connect a washing machine. It will be given useful advice that any man, taking them into account, could make this connection with his own hands. Of course, all this work can be done by qualified masters. However, the masters will have to pay, and as practice shows, their services are not cheap.
So, you bought a washing machine, you got it from the store and handed the accompanying documents. What's next? First, you need to determine the location of the installation. Secondly, unpack the installation. We hope that with this you will cope without problems.
In order to start using the machine, it is necessary to connect it to three engineering networks:
- To the water supply.
- To the sewer.
- To electricity.
We connect to the water pipe
In order to connect the washing machine to cold water, you will need a special hose that comes with the installation. If its length was insufficient, you can buy a hose of the necessary length in the store.
So, we conduct connection:
- For this purpose it is necessary to make a separate exit for the machine in advance. This can be a separate tap mounted on the outlet pipe, or a faucet mounted on a tee, from which there will be two outputs: to the styralka and to any other plumbing fixture. For example, if the machine is installed in a toilet, the optimum connection option is the connection point of the waste tank.
- At the end of the underwater hose a special coupling is installed, by means of which it is connected to the water supply point. Docking is carried out with the help of a threaded connection( on the coupling the thread is internal).That is, simply wind the clutch onto the pipe, at the end of which is installed the drive. The joint density is provided by the gasket installed in the coupling.
Connect to the sewer
In this case, you can offer three ways of connecting:
- The washing machine includes a special plastic hook. Its purpose is to fix the drainage corrugated hose to discharge the waste water into any plumbing fixture with a drain. Often mistresses place it on a bath or a sink, if the location of the styralka is a toilet, then the sink is made into the toilet bowl. This is the easiest and, in the opinion of many housewives, the most convenient option. But he has cons. First, the plums of the very devices where the dirty water is dumped are clogged up. Secondly, there is a possibility that you will forget to install a hook with a reset hose. And this is a guaranteed flood. So be vigilant.
- It is best to make a separate drainage riser in a sewer pipe 20-25 cm high. This can be done by hand or ask a master. It is worth this penny work. The rack is installed exactly at the installation site of the washing machine, so that it will not be visible. Insert the hose into it and forget that it exists.
- You can use a special siphon with three holes. Such siphons are installed on the sink or sink. One hole for washing, the second for a washing machine, the third in a sewer. Very convenient option. True, you have to accurately measure the distance between two plumbing fixtures( a sink and a washing machine) so that the length of the hose allowed to make the connection.
Connect to electricity
If you do not have problems with the connection to the sewage and water supply, and you can do it yourself, then with electricity, if you are not an expert, it's better not to mess with. Of course, each can be inserted from the machine into the socket. If the apartment is urban, then it usually does. And if this is a private house, then it is necessary to know which wire is carried to this outlet. Maybe it's not the proper cross-section, which can lead to a fire. That's why an electrician is needed.
He will accurately determine the cross-section of the wire and commensurate it with the power of the machine. If the power exceeds the cross section, then a separate line must be made.
And one more tip that concerns installation. After you unpacked the unit, note that there are four screws on its rear wall. They must be unscrewed, and the holes covered with special plugs, which come complete with a typewriter. These are special fastening bolts, which are used only for transportation. They keep the washing drum stationary.
In operation, if you do not remove these very bolts, the drum may jam, so you will not need any repairs. In this condition, the washing machine will not be taken back to you in the store, because the installation conditions are violated, and the seller or producer is not responsible for this. Therefore, we recommend that you first become familiar with the instructions that come with the device.
Here are some useful tips to help you cope with the connection of the washing machine. If you are interested in other information on this household appliance, we recommend reading the articles How to choose a washing machine and a washing machine: how to use.