Watch the video
digital set-top box is a device that allows you to view TV channels in digital quality.Digital television, as we know, has a great image clarity, so that allows you to view TV channels with far more detail.However, to connect a digital set-top box, it is necessary not only to understand how to connect the wires, but also purchase additional features, such as the antenna and coaxial cable.Later in the article we will look at how to connect a digital TV set-top box.
set-top box digital
In any digital set-top box should include:
- remote control.
- And she consoles.
also separately you will need to purchase an antenna, you will need to install either on the balcony or the window to fix the outside of the house.In addition, get a coaxial cable, which will need to connect from the console to the TV or any other device.In addition, you will need f-connectors.They can be purchased at an electronics store and home
To get started you will need to prepare your coaxial cable.
- For this cut ends so that the outer sheath has been withdrawn to 10 millimeters from the start of the cable.
- careful not to damage the protective sheath, hidden behind a white shell, it will need to bend, releasing the cable harness.In the event of damage to the braid you have to replace the cable, as the center conductor must not touch the shell.
- Having done the above steps, f-secure sockets so that the conductor width performed for them by no more than two millimeters.
- Connect the cable to the antenna.
- Now you need to connect a wire-color tulip connectors respectively.If you are going to connect the console to the TV is not, and, say, a dvd-tuner, you may need a special adapter.
- Connect the coaxial cable to the set-top box.Please note that the cable should already be screwed f-connector.
- After you connect the console to the TV, you can turn on the device and use the remote control to start channel search.
- channel search is performed in a special "menu" that will appear automatically when the set-top box is turned on.Select from the menu channel search function and wait until all the channels are found.
Finally, we would like to recommend you to purchase an antenna without an amplifier, as such an antenna capable of producing a malfunction as a result of the combustion of the amplifier.If you plan to install the antenna in the house, then you will be quite enough to place the antenna in the attic.This can put it on some stable platform.In the settings menu "Power Antenna" need not be included.
For more information, read the article:
- How to connect the DVB-T2
- How to connect the TV to the Internet