Watch the video
papermaking technology was brought to Japan from China in the early seventh century and has undergone significant changes over time.The Japanese managed to create a new type of paper that was both dense and soft and thus less straining.This type of paper called Washi, and because it started to make unique paper forms and shapes that later crystallized in this type of arts and crafts like origami.
Traditionally, origami is the process of creating some form of a square sheet of paper by folding it repeatedly.However, there are still so-called modular origami, which consist of several elements.Each element is made of a single sheet of paper, after which all the elements together in a single composition, without using glue or scissors.In this article, we'll show you how to make an origami of the modules in the form of a five-pointed star.
Materials and procedures
to work you will need to cut 5 squares of paper size 7,5h7,5 see
- Take the first square.
- Fold it diagonally, swipe your fingers across a fold line, and then expand the square back.
- Now, each of the two halves can fold the square in half fold, so to get equal angles.Also swipe your finger across the fold line and re-flatten the sheet in front of him.
- You get that 3 fold lines emerge from one corner of the square.Place a sheet of paper from this point up.
- opposite from the edge of the angle bend about a third up so that the strip was bent in front of you.
- upper corner of this band, unscrew themselves.Paper should be carefully folded along the fold line, which we made in paragraph 3.
- opposite corner turn into the square.
- Now, take the resulting figure into halves along the fold line from point 2.
- Remove the lower part of the resulting figure up, facing you, and then the far left corner to get a "tail" bend inward.
- As a result, you should have a triangle with a special "tail" for fixing the parts to each other.
- Expand the item back to the moment when it takes the form, as in step 6.
- Make the same scheme has 4 parts.
- Secure each piece with an adjacent, threading "tail" in one piece folding line and clinging to one of the halves of the diamond.
- As a result, you should get a volume five-pointed star.
This is just one of many examples of origami modules.In total there are more than thousands of different modular origami.
most common element is the modular origami Sonobe module.It can be used to collect virtually any geometric shape.
module Sonobe going well:
- Take a square sheet of paper.
- Fold it in half in the middle.
- then fold each of the halves in half again to the center.
- Fold the bottom left corner so that the left side of a triangle coincides with the upper edge of the figure.
- Turn figure face down again and do the same operation, but with the opposite angle.
- two triangles before you.Fold the top corner of each of them into pieces.
- Bend protruding corners inside the shape.
- Turn figure face down and do the same with the other side.
- again turn figure backwards and fold it so that in the end turned out a folded square in front of you.
- Straighten shape, get ready module in front of you.
- number and order of assembly of the modules depends on what you will later collect from them.
Understand Eastern art as you help article:
- How to make a swan out
- modules How to modular origami